3/18/10

Day 97: Redos and life line

Installed the eyelets for the life line.  I was excited that I chose the right length for the screws.  My measurements usually need readjustment, maybe I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Used a micro amount of clear silicone in the joint. Used 10-32 machine screws for a tight fit.  I also learned from a guy at the hardware store that silicone breeds mold.
Also installed the d-rings which will secure the hatch lid strap.

I bought the wrong size strap for the d-ring.  That was redo #1 of the day.  It takes a trip to the mainland to fix this one.

Installed the ash handrails.  I had to readjust the pre-drilled holes a little bit.  -Redo #2.
Upon closer inspection of the grey inside hatch gutter, it became clear that I had major paint failure.  It looked o kay but it felt like sandpaper.  I think the hardner was mixed insufficently and so it granulated the paint.  Bummer.

I sanded off the granules and got a coat of paint down.  Redo #3.
The paint looked good after I was done.  My fingers are crossed for tomorrows inspection.
Built a mini spray booth for getting a few things shot.  I still need to paint the commercial name plates and the tables.

Sprayed these little boots for my Mom.  She is planning the christening party and these will be turned into flower vases.  (Its a family inside joke)

Redo #4 was the weatherstrip foam for the hatch seal.  I opened the package to find that it was double stick. (adhesive on both sides of the foam)  I think the only fix is to but new weatherstrip foam.

It was a bit of a frustrating day but still managed to make a little progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment