3/22/10

Day 100: Commercial name plates and repairs

Woohoo its day 100 and things are looking good.  The  commercial name plates were sprayed today.  It was a little frustrating as one of the spray guns stopped working midway but the big gun was put to use and worked well.  Also was working with very little air capacity so things were not quite pro but will do for now.
The oars got round 7 of varnish.  I was too tired at the end of the day to do the gunwales.
The boat took its first hit a couple weeks ago when my Dad stepped into the stern of the boat before supports were under it.  The bow went to the ceiling and the stern hit the deck pretty hard.  I sanded the damage and filled it with auto glaze, sanded, then painted.

This is "before".
"After"

I'll get the black on tomorrow.
When I first painted the boat I left the tape on too long and when I peeled off the tape I pulled off the base coat. (You can see the grey primer showing the flaw)

I did my best to fix this but I really didn't know what I was doing.
It turned out so so.  The photo makes it look a lot better than it is.
Also had some big gouges from flipping the boat a bit too hastily.

They are a bit more hidden now but I'll have to learn how to repair this kind of thing a little better.

1 comment: