10/8/09

King Trailer

Just picked up the trailer from Boat Country. The guys there were great. They gave me an electrics adapter for free, adjusted the winch position and took time to cover all my questions. Then again, I did lay down some serious dough for this trailer. I think these boat guys were pretty psyched to be selling something in this economy.

I decided to go with a King Trailer because my Dad was happy with the one he has for his SeaRay. This trailer is pretty beefy looking and has an axel rating of 2100LBS. It's built with 3" square steel, is galvanized and has torsion suspension. It looks like a winner and am hoping this trailer will last a while.

There are a few issues though, as King Trailer doesn't make a "drift boat model". 1. There are no tie down points, 2. the cross members are bolted rather than welded onto the frame, 3. they bolted the position of the roller bar too low. But, I'm not too concerned as all these issues seem to have a fix.

Next step, is hauling it to Deary, ID., to load it up with our yet to be built dory hull.

No comments:

Post a Comment