10/30/09

Day 17: Fiberglassing the Thwarts

Spent my first day alone with the boat. The epoxy takes twice as long to do by one's self. Still managed to get a bunch of glasswork done. It would be interesting to add up all the surface area on a boat like this. I have new appreciation for this factor after working with all the cutouts allday.









Spent the first half of the day cutting the glass for both sides of all the cut-outs:
The aft thwart for the rear cross
Rear passenger seat
Forward passenger seat & back rest
Boatman's raised floor and partitions for the side hatches
Shelves for the side hatches










Did some experimenting with the side hatch partition and the epoxy. I mixed in a small amount of microballoons into the epoxy. I'm wondering how it will effect the finished feel. Maybe a little more fair than usual? I girl can dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment