1/8/10

Day 46 and 47: Deck Fairing3

Well, I am getting pretty fast on the epoxy dispenser rebuild.  I really need to keep this thing near the heat.  Once again the resin was the culprit.


The whole deck is faired now.  Just needs to be sanded.  The tops of the stern and bow hatches are not faired yet as the gutters still need to be glassed.

Also, went back to the passenger areas for another coat of fairing compound to even things up.


Sanded the "lip" pieces for the gutters and gave them one last coat of epoxy.


Painted a thin epoxy/wood powder mix onto the edges of the hatch lids.
Also did the same on the gutter edge which will support the edge of the hatch lid.


Yesterday I found some treasure on the beach.  A perfectly straight piece of UMHW, exactly the right length and width for the cross bars on my boat trailer.  Unbelievable!  There is lots of drift plywood out there too, it would take a year to dry out but it still could make good tables.

A few days ago I ordered the carriage bolts for the gunwale, bolts for the hatch hinges and hanger bolts for the ash handrails.

Dad is working away at the oars.


I'm hoping to go to town soon and pick out a paint color for the boat.  The star Arcturus is a honey colored star so I would like to pick a shade in that range.

Though the color on this piece of drift wood is pretty cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment