1/1/10

Day 44: Deck Fairing2


Just popped into the shop to check on the heat and it turned out the fairing was cured enough to sand so I went for it.

I'm really happy about how it looks/feels.  With the thick coat, the edges are super protected and no more coats are needed.  I should have been doing this thick coat method all along.  It also seems to cure faster.

I hand sanded all the edges... gonna have to really look them over and make sure they all have a consistent curve.


I'm psyched the BQR showed up in the mail today.  Looking forward to going off into river dream land with it.

Headed to Seattle tomorrow to hardware shop and go over the oar plans with my Dad.  Gonna have to pick out some paint here soon.  Can't believe its really getting to that stage!  First were gonna have to figure out how to flip this boat over though.

No comments:

Post a Comment