1/4/10

Day 45: Flipping the Boat... Almost


Just waiting for the mail man to deliver the epoxy so I thought I'd flip the boat and prepare it for the fillets.

It was really fun to do the rigging.  I have limited equipment so things were not quite ideal but at least solid.  The boat raised up well and then came the flip.  This pic is the stage where things came to a halt.  Just couldn't get things all the way over so I returned the boat to rightside up.  Its only about a 1/2 inch off the ground here... not an inch to spare!

I think I can make things happen with a few more prussik loops.   If that doesn't work I'll have to get a second person to help make it work.

Right before I set the boat back down I found that one of the lines was failing.  I was in panic mode to get the boat back down on the dolly.  Super lucky it didn't just snap.

Got all my river permit applications out today.  Hope I score something this year!  I'll actually be ready this time.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/08/2010

    are you preping for the fillets on the underside of the decking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just sanding the areas for the fillets and tape.

    ReplyDelete