2/26/10

Day 82: Spraying Primer Round 2.1

Heated up the shop as much as possible this morning and got everything ready to spray.

Set up this little homemade spray gun craddle.
By noon the shop was as warm as it was gonna get, so I began by getting the spray pattern correct.  I've never sprayed before, so it took a little while to figure out which nobs do what and how to set all the pressure gauges.  But after a little while I got a good pattern going.

I practiced on big sheets of paper to get the speed and overlap right.  The gun I am using is really cheap so the fan size is pretty small. -About 4" instead of a normal 6-7" so I'm gonna have to be careful of tiger-striping.

Before
After.

You can see some glazing on the transom edge.  I found a spot with micro holes after the first coat went on.

I was only able to do one coat of primer as the shop got too cold and the paint started atomizing poorly.  I am hoping to be able to do the 2nd and 3rd coats tomorrow if the shop can stay warm.  Looking forward to tomorrow morning to see how I did!
My rubber chine guards came in the mail today from Nott Attwater in Spokane, WA.  They were super helpful and got this to me only 2 days after it was ordered.  nice!
These are some supplements I take when I'm gonna be around chemicals.  I feel like it really helps my body deal with all the free radicals.  I take a dose the night before and then morning of...

No comments:

Post a Comment