2/18/10

Day 74: Deck Paint


Today was a painting day.  The weather stayed warm, the sun came out and we had the window we needed to make some progress.
My Dad came to the Island and we got right to it.

First we rolled paint onto the textured surfaces.  That went really fast and easy.
We took our time to dial in the sprayer and then went full steam ahead.

Tom sprayed the boat while I rolled paint onto the texture on the hatch  lids.
Then Tom sprayed the hatch lids.

We first sprayed the underside then set the lids atop pins for the top coat.
After the paint went on we peeled off the tape.
And now the deck is painted.  Its starting to feel like we just might finish this thing!

I'm psyched on the deck color... yellow!  I had that song; keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, stuck in my head while we were laying this color down.  I think I'm gonna definitely have to change the name of the boat from Arcturus to Zizumara.  This wild color is screaming to be called the Ziz.  Besides the "Arcturus" is way too serious of a name for this first attempt at a boat.  I'm sure the Zizu will bounce off rocks, while the Arcturus would crumple...  or maybe thats just the Xylene talking.
P.S. Use more thinner than they list on the can.

No comments:

Post a Comment