11/7/09

Day 22: Rear Passenger Seats, Boatman's Well

Hurray for right angles! I had so much fun today. The boatman's footwell made major progress as it is the only place in the boat, so far, with 90 degree corners. Everything went smooth and fast. A nice break from the crazy angles of my rear passenger seats.






All I needed was a measuring tape and a right angle for this section.








My Dad's cabinetry tools have been invaluable. I've been wanting to use these sweet little clamps for a while. Finally got to put them to good use here in the boatman's footwell.

















This is the boatman's elevated floor. The random junk in the photo are weights for the gluing process.








Reluctantly I keep plugging away at the rear seats. It does appear that things are fitting together nearly perfect now. So today, I cut out the opening in the aft thwart that will connect to the rear seat. I used the jig saw for the first time. A noisy spoweful tool. Beginners luck. It went well at the first go. I cut the rest out with a japanese saw and chisel.






















While most things went smoothly today, there was one frustrating moment. This is a pic of the problem. When we originally cut the seat back for the front passenger seat we had it at a certain angle. Since then, we have corrected the angle to a more comfortable slope...though now, our seat back is 3/4" too short (doesn't get to the sidewall of the hull).

A problem to tackle tomorrow...



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/10/2009

    Where does the mattress go? And what about candle-holders? Beer holders? Dog/cat holders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and the wine rack, waterproof speakers & umbrella stands. -I'll keep ya posted.

    ReplyDelete