10/15/09

Day 4 1/2

Just hours ago I was covered in sawdust and epoxy in Deary, ID. and in two hours I've set foot down in Seattle -sawdust free and loving the epoxy free marine air. I'm here for 48 hours to celebrate with the rest of my family the beautiful life of my Aunt Carol. She passed away suddenly October 1st and we are all getting together tomorrow for the memorial service. She was one spectaccular woman! I got to go out rowing on useless bay with her this summer and it was really magical. At slack tide, we went out on the "Scum Bum I" and she rowed me from one spit to the other on just perfect glass. She was really haulin' on the oars and lovin' it. Just a real special memory. "I could do this forever. I can't believe I'm this strong. We're flying arn't we!", she said. I feel blessed to have been able to spend so many wonderful moments with her. Fly on Aunt Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment